Wet n Wild has always been a favourite brand of mine. Their products are super affordable yet the brand has never given away on their quality and pigmentation and they are cruelty-free too! From college goers to working professionals, the brand has something for everyone without really having to burn our wallets.
Recently, I was sent this beautiful PR box filled with products from the Wet n wild ‘Flights of Fancy’ collection. The collection is inspired by the Allen’s and Costa hummingbirds and was all things bright and colourful (definitely needed it during this grey and gloomy winter here in NZ). I’m still trying out all these products, but I thought I would give my first impressions on all of these products, since I’ve made my hands dirty with these beauties a couple of times already. Tehehee
Coloricon Baked Blush:
I was blown away by how gorgeous they looked in this revamped packaging. They came in two shades- one a pink peachy (Don’t filter yourself) one and the other more of a warm golden(Hummingbird hype) tone. They are definitely going to be my go-to during the bright summer days. But for now I would be using them more as a highlight and Hummingbird Hype is my favourite among the two.
Price: NZD $12.99
Coloricon Eyeshadow Quads:
There were three different quads in the collection (from L to R)-
- ‘Hasta La Costa’- This palette is perfect for those who love playing with colours. The green shade is my favourite and I’m planning to do a peacock look with this baby.
- ‘Stop ruffling my feathers’- I would say this is for those who like to play it safe. The palette has a mix of neutrals but with an added touch of shimmer to take your look from day to night without much effort.
- ‘Flock Party’- I would say this is in between playing fun and playing safe. Love the cranberry shade in this and infact I used this to create a look which you can see at the end of the post.
The brand is the best when it comes to eyeshadows and you can see the same with these three palettes. They are super pigmented and stay on your eyelids for a good amount of time even without an eye primer.
Price: NZD $6.99
Coloricon Lip Gloss:
I would be lying if I say I love wearing lip gloss. I’ve always ran away from donning a lipgloss only because I have this annoying habit of licking my lips and this would mean that I would eat off my lip gloss, which would in turn mean I would have to keep reapplying the gloss.
But when I saw the beautiful red shade in this collection, I was tempted to try it out. The floral packaging on the lid was all the more alluring. Sadly two of the shades were not something that would suit my skin tone, I swatched the red shade which is called ‘Love Bird Affair’. The pigmentation is so so good and it gives you that gorgeous plumped up lips look. You don’t always need a cosmetic surgeon for those Kardashian lips!!
Price: NZD $8.99
The last three products were the most interesting one to me.
- Photofocus Primer Water Spray: I’ve never ever tried a primer in a spray bottle, hence the excitement. When you spray the product, the mist evenly distributes onto your skin and get absorbed fast enough to give you that perfect smooth skin to apply your foundation. It smells good and doesn’t tingle or irritate your skin. I’m so hooked onto this one. Price: NZD $12.99
- Perfectpout Lip Scrub: This one tastes so goooooood!!!! It smells like watermelon as soon as you open the lid and tastes so good that you would actually feel like eating. It not only smells good but also helped in taking off the dry flaky skin on my lips. This scrub has now become an everyday part of my night time skincare and I’m definitely repurchasing this. Price: NZD $8.99
- P72 makeup brush: I’ve heard such great reviews about the Wet n Wild brushes and when I saw this pretty brush in the box, I was damn excited. Apparently these purple brushes are part of their limited edition and are super soft. I’ve used to apply my brush and it did a wonderful job. Price: NZD $16.99
Here’s the look I created with the products from this collection.
The best part is yet to come! All the Wet n wild products are now available at Farmer’s in New Zealand. You can either find them at selected stores or online on their website. Isn’t that a great news! You don’t have to now wait for your mates to get your these beauties from overseas. If you are looking to buy any of the products mentioned in this post, go ahead and buy it on the Farmer’s website. The entire collection is available just for $79.99 which is a great deal.
My recommendations would be the eyeshadows (super pigmented at a great price),Baked blush (hummingbird hype), the lip scrub(great for chapped and dry lips) and the makeup brush (amazing quality and super soft).
What do you think of Wet n Wild products? Have you tried anything from this collection? Which one are you most excited about? Tell me all about it in the comments.
Till then stay awesome