It feels like eternity since I posted something here and to be honest I am not going to be apologetic about it this time for the very fact that I was not in the right frame of mind to write or put my head into anything creative and didn’t want to post anything just for the sake of posting. Well, am all fine now, atleast I feel fine and now it’s time for me to get back to something that I absolutely love- Blogging!
Today we are going to talk about kurtas and how this versatile piece can be styled in various ways and can be truly called a fashion statement. A lot of us don’t really know the difference between a KURTA and KURTI and I was one of them too until last year. After some research, I found out the difference and realised that a Kurti is the one which is shorter in length usually till your hips and a Kurta is more of a longer silhouette and usually till the knees or even below that. Well, that really does mean a huge difference right!
Now that we are sorted out with what Kurtas are, let’s talk about them a bit more. A Kurta is one of the most comfortable pieces that one can find in their wardrobe. They are casual yet very chic and make an amazing style statement if styled well and appropriate according to the occasion. You can style one Kurta in so many different and unique ways; All you need is a little creativity and lots of mixing n matching.Let’s find out the different ways one can style a Kurta.
- Leggings: This is the most common way, we all know to style our kurtas with. They are comfortable, convenient to carry and look very classy on anyone. You can wear leggings that match with the Kurta color or go for contrasting colors and pair some jumkas and kolhapuris to go for comfy yet stylish Indian look.
I found these pretty vibrant kurtas HERE.
- Palazzos: This is the most recent trend that’s in vogue and one of my most favorites too. It is super comfortable and yet looks stylish in so many ways. These wide legged flared pants looks flattering on different types of body. Wear a solid color with a printed kurta or a printed palazzo with a solid colored kurta and you are going to look fabulous.
Buy this Here
- Indo- Western dresses: Flaunt your super long anarkali styled kurtas or the short flared kurtas as as dresses and give yourself an Indo-western look. Choose the right one and style it with the right accessories to darn your winner look. These are perfect looks for college-goers or even for brunch meetups. Style the kurta with a boho neckpiece, joottis and a jhola for that perfect Bohemian/ Indo-western look.
- Slim Fitted Pants: Pairing your Kurta with a slim fitted trouser or pants is perfect for an office look. It’s comfortable and looks fab and helps in making you look tall and lean. You can carry this look to even a party by going for printed pants in cotton or silk fabrics.
- Skirts: This is my second favourite way of styling kurtas. The best part is they let you breathe in what you are wearing , hence perfect for the tropical weather in India and also looks elegant on most body types. You can go for matching coloured skirts or go for a plain kurta with loud coloured skirts or vice-versa.
Buy this here
- Jackets: A simple plain kurta with a printed or an embroidered jacket is a perfect alternative to a dupatta. It looks smart and gives you an ethnic look as well. Button it or just let it loose, a jacket is trendy and cool. You can go for long jackets with a slit in the front or at the sides or short cropped jackets for a more casual college look.
- Jeans: One of the most recent trends that has come back from the 90s. I remember wearing my kurtas with jeans in my teenage years. Now the best part about teaming your kurtas with jeans is that you can either go for slim fitted jeans or even go for a casual look by pairing them with a boyfriend jeans or a distressed jeans. Add some joottis or kolhapuris and a jhola and see how you are going to turn numerous heads towards you.
There is a certain charm in Indian wear and makes every woman look beautiful in the most comfortable way.It all depends on how you choose the right silhouette according to your body type and how you style them with the right accessories. Long Kurtas make you look leaner and taller. Use this to your best advantage and dance away to glory. Have a diverse collection of kurtas based on fabric and style and stay on top of the ethnic fashion race. One Kurta can give you so many different looks and that’s the beauty of Kurtas.
Which is your favourite way of styling kurtas? Do let me know in the comments section below.
Till then stay awesome 😀