Ever since I started doing makeup, finding a good foundation in the right shade was a pain for me and especially in a country like India, where most people are obsessed with being fair, a dusky girl like me can never find her right shade. I still come across SA in stores who try to convince you to buy shades that is way lighter than your actual skin tone and apparently it makes you look brighter and fresh. LOL!
Let me tell you a few tips to take care of when you go to buy a foundation:
- Don’t let the SA swatch the shade on your hand. Make sure you swatch it on your jawline and on your forehead to see if the shade matches well with your skin.
- Test the shade in daylight before buying it since the lighting in the store can be deceiving.
- You can probably ask the SA to apply it on one side of the face and finish your shopping and come back to buy it once you are done. This way you can do flash photography test also and check the longevity of the foundation.
Now that we know the tricks to find the right shade, let’s talk about some of the best foundations available in the Indian market.
- Maybelline Fit me & Poreless Foundation: This is my current favorite foundation and I’m glad that Maybelline tried to include more shades suitable to Indian skin tone. It gives a semi-matte finish and medium coverage and is perfect for oily skin. Dry skin ladies can always moisturize well before applying this foundation. The best part is it fills into pores amazingly and gives an almost flawless finish. Price: 525 INR. Quantity: 30ml
- Lo’real 24H Infallible Stay Fresh Foundation: I have already done a detailed review on this product HERE. This is definitely a bit on the pricier side, but worth all the money you spend. It gives a full coverage matte finish and is again amazing for oily skin girls. The shade availability is great and even the staying power is commendable. The foundation is perfect to be worn for events and other occasions. Price: 1325 INR. Quantity: 30ml
- Faces Glam On Prime Perfect Foundation: This is not very popular among the crowd probably due to the lack of raving about it on the internet, but recently I saw this with a friend of mine and tried it and I was super impressed by this foundation. The foundation has 5 shades which caters to most of the Indian skin tones, but again leaving the darker skin toned women of our country. The creamy texture is easily blendable if you work your way quickly and also gives a matte finish. Price: 699 INR. Quantity: 30ml
- Lo’real True Match foundation: The best part about this product is the shade range. This has always been one of my favorite foundations ever for the simple fact that it caters to most of the Indian skin tones and the pigmentation and blending power is so good that it will not at all feel heavy on the face. It gives a medium to full coverage and stays for a long time. Price: 1025 INR. Quantity: 30ml
- Lo’real Magic Nude Liquid Powder Foundation: Another great product for oily skin women. This foundation applies like a liquid foundation and settles down like a powder on your face. A very buildable consistency and can be your go to daily wear foundation. The shade range is good too and is perfect for summers as it has an SPF of 18 in it. Price: 899 INR. Quantity: 27ml
- Revlon Colorstay (Oily to combination) Foundation: One of the most loved foundations and I know why! The perfect dupe for MAC studio fix and a miracle for oily skin girls and those who sweat a lot like me. The foundation gives a matte finish and stay put for a long long time. Even if you sweat, the foundation will not drip like many of its counterparts. Price: 895 INR. Quantity: 30 ml
- Lakme Absolute Mattreal Skin Natural Mousse: A perfect product for working ladies. Why? Because of it’s mousse consistency, it blends super easily without any hassles of going for your makeup brushes or sponges. The mousse looks very skin like once applied and can be good for this summer for sure. Price: 700 INR. Quantity: 25g
- Bourjois Paris Healthy Mix Foundation: As the name suggests, this product does impart a good healthy glow on your face without making you look like a grease ball. The blendable texture makes it extremely easy to work onto your skin. The best part is the longevity of the product. Even during extremely hot summers, this foundation does a great work for at least 6-7 hours. Price: 1480 INR. Quantity: 30 ml
- Colorbar Full Cover Makeup Stick: Apart from the limitation in the shades, this foundation cum concealer stick is pretty amazing. The staying power is excellent and even has an SPF of 30. I’d tried this foundation at the Colorbar counter and went on a super hectic day thereafter and girls, no kidding but this foundation didn’t smear even a little on my sweaty face that too in the humid Chennai weather. A bit pricier on the side, but I think it’s worth the money. Price: 675 INR. Quantity: 8 gm
- Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid Foundation: This foundation has a mousse texture to it and makes your pores look smaller if not fade them completely. The product blends amazingly on the skin and comes in around 5-6 shades. If you are looking for a dewy finish foundation, this is really good for you and doesn’t make your face look cakey at all. Price: 700 INR. Quantity: 30 ml