Those of you who follow me on my social media would know that last week I got a chance to attend the Gillette Venus “Subscribe to Smooth” Event at the Oberoi, Bangalore. The meetup was addressed by the renowned aesthetic physician Dr. Rashmi Shetty who also can be seen on the popular YouTube channel GLAMRS and kannada film industry’s popular actress Radhika Pandit who gave us their tricks and tips about how to shave and also broke some of the common myths about shaving.
For those of you who do not know about Gillete Venus, here are a few facts:
- The first women’s razor was actually a men’s razor made in Pink color. Hahah! We surely have evolved and with the new Gillette Venus razor, women can shave comfortable due to the extremely well contoured soft grip handle.
- The razors also have a strip made with Aloe Vera and Vitamin E which makes sure to keep the skin smooth and moisturised.
- The results are best achieved with the Gillette shaving gel foam which keeps the skin radiant and soft.
During the talk, Radhika explained how shaving has helped her in her busy schedule to maintain a smooth skin and always camera ready and believes that women just need to know the right technique of shaving to get an absolute best result. She says that one can carry the razor while travelling conveniently instead of looking out for salons and booking appointments and waiting for the hair to grow back to a certain length.
The best part was when Dr Rashmi Shetty clarified all our doubts about how shaving can be super convenient for all of us, if done the correct way with pre and post care of the skin. Some of the myths she debunked were the following:
- Hair does not grow darker, coarser or faster after shaving. The hair growth depends on the hormones and genes of an individual.
- Skin does not become dark post shaving. The reason is more on the technique and one should make sure to use a good razor and avoid any cuts or bruises which in turns can cause marks on the skin.
- Ingrown hair is due to shaving. One needs to exfoliate the skin well before and after shaving to make sure all the hair follicles are open and are easily removed.
There were many other such myths we all had in our head and got a chance to have a on on one chat with Dr. Rashmi who gave us some really good suggestions. I used to shave years back but due to horrible itchiness, I stopped shaving and took up waxing instead. When asked about the “itchiness” issue, Dr. Rashmi mentioned, that itchiness is due to the skin being dry and one needs to use a good cream moisturiser to make sure that the skin is not dry and flaky especially after a shave.
By the end of the session it was very clear that an exfoliated and moisturised skin can give you the most awesome shaving experience and with Gillette Venus Razor you can achieve all that in a jiffy. The event was definitely an eye opener for all of us and we got to learn a lot of new facts about shaving. We were then treated with loads of photographs and then my favorite, yummy food.
I have decided to start shaving again since I go for events on a regular basis and summers here already, I hate to wear pants or anything clinging to my legs. Waiting for the hair to grow back and then go for waxing isn’t a great idea and with me taking up the #SubscribeToSmooth Challenge, it would definitely be a great way to let you guys know more about the myths that I got to break with this challenge in my upcoming posts from this series.
With the Gillette Venus Kit, everything is super easy as it has a razor, extra cartridges and the oh so awesome shaving foam gel which smells divine.
You can buy these products yourself from these places:
Shaving Gel: http://bit.ly/VenusSatinCareGel
If you have any kind of doubts or questions, feel free to ask them in the comments below and I shall make sure to answer all your queries. Stay tuned for more from this section soon.
For more questions about shaving you can refer to the Gillette Venus App
Till then stay awesome 😀