The last post kick started my #VDayWeek special series for this whole week and today I am here with a special post for all the men out there who have a date to go to this 14th Feb. Dates,especially first dates can be nerve-wracking, but I promise you they’ll be less if you go in with the right attitude and the right look, of course. And if you need a little more direction, here are the must-have essentials when you have a special date to look forward to.
- Clean yourself up: Get off work early so you can go home and change with some good amount of time in your hands. If you smell bad, shower – in the bathroom and not with your perfume :P. Brush your teeth,shave and comb your hair. Make sure your face isn’t shiny or oily because she’s not expecting to meet a grease ball on her date.
- Keep your wallet full: It seems the whole world has gone plastic, but a gentleman should always have cash on him, particularly on a date. This is important when you are looking in your wallet to provide change to the parking guy and of course asking your date to pay won’t be that impressive right??
- Perfume: There’s no need for ultra-fancy colognes or overpowering body sprays. But keeping a sample size perfume in your pocket or wallet ain’t a bad idea, especially for those who tend to sweat a lot. And this is from my personal experience, guys who smell bad, ahh ahh, not impressive at all.
- Be on time: It’s important to avoid being late when picking a girl up, check for traffic an hour before your estimated time of arrival. If it looks like you won’t get there on time due to traffic, make sure that you leave early. Wearing a watch will look sophisticated and give an impression that you value time.
- Check your breath: Before meeting your date, make sure that your dry mouth hasn’t produced any noxious fumes. Keep a pack of mints or gum in your pocket or drink some water before you talk to your date. Trust me, your date doesn’t want to smell what you ate for dinner the rest of the night
- Don’t overdo the outfit: Don’t throw on just any old t-shirt for the first date. You know where you’re going on the date, so dress appropriately for it. If it’s a five-star restaurant, wear a dinner jacket. If it’s a movie, wear a clean shirt or a tee shirt with no fancy writings on it. Denim is fine for a first date, as long as you don’t go crazy. There will be plenty of time to showcase your casual look later on with acid washes, rips, patches – whatever your heart desires. For now, stick with a straight, dark pair of denims.
- Clean shoes: Never underestimate the power of a good, solid shoe. Women have a thing with shoes and I can bet she will look what you are wearing. You can wear anything from canvas sneakers to loafers, but just make sure they are clean, stylish, and functional.
These are just the basic tips that you need to think about before going out on a date anytime and not just Valentine’s Day. It’s not very hard to make yourself presentable as it all depends on your willingness to make an effort for the woman that you like.
Till then stay awesome and wait for tomorrow’s post 🙂