First of all a big thank you for the awesome response you all already gave for the ongoing giveaway and if you still haven’t participated in it, you can click HERE to participate and win a Face serum from IWOWD.
Let’s get into today’s post now. I remember the first time when I used a handmade soap from LUSH, I wasn’t really that excited about continuing them, since they were so not affordable and I was too much in love with my BODY SHOP shower gels then. But recently when I was given a chance to try few handmade soaps from PRATHA NATURALS AND HANDMADE, I absolutely fell in love with the concept of handmade soaps. And WHY? Well, first of all, it is made in INDIA and second because it is really pocket friendly. WIN-WIN right????
About the brand:
- No harmful synthetic chemicals, preservatives, synthetic oils and Animal Fats (tallow).
- Are made in small batches using a cold process to ensure the quality of each batch.
- Hand stirred, hand cut and hand wrap every bar.
- Every bar is given a long cure period so that when it reaches it, the bar is mild and ready to use.
- Every bar contains olive oil to which coconut, palm, castor, avocado,almond and hazelnut, tea tree oils are added for a rich creamy lather that nourishes as it moisturizes.
- Butters and oils like cocoa butter, Shea butter mango butter, honey, aloe Vera, castor oil, lanolin oil, essential oils, natural herbs, and safe fragrance oils add to the soap’s fragrance.
- For kids we have special extra soft soaps to take care of their skin and keep their interest of learning various shapes, texture and aroma.
- With special aroma for kids, stimulate their brain activity and makes them feel refresh after using the handmade soap.
Pratha Handmade soap “jasmine Love”- 155 INR
Pratha Handmade soap “Olive Oil”- 120 INR
Pratha Handmade soap “Forest sandalwood” – 135 INR
The best part about these handmade soaps are their packaging. They were all individually wrapped in butter papers and had the brand tag wrapped around it, with all the ingredients clearly listed along with the weight and price. My favorite was the “Jasmine Love” soap which was so cutely packed in a jute bag which reminded me so much of my granny in Kerala. They are all good for nature and is a perfect definition for eco-friendly packaging.
I took enough time to use these soaps and try it out well on my skin and made my dad use the sandalwood soap and mom use the Olive Oil soap to know their feedback as well.
The first thing you will notice is the adorable packaging and your entire washroom will smell of this soap even being just kept in the soap case. It has a good size and leaves my skin smell so good for hours. The coconut oil and palm oil left my skin really hydrated and also treated my flaky skin to some extent. The colors it had was so nice and I just didn’t want to look away from the adorable cure thing in my washroom 😀
I asked my mom to use it and give me her feedback. Since it has olive oil as the main ingredient, it really helped her ageing skin for heavy duty hydration. The sea salt in the soap gave a good exfoliation and relaxed her muscles after a good shower before bed time. It is green in color which looks really good in your bathroom 🙂
The reason for me to ask dad to use this was the fact that he has to be in his uniform for most part of the day wearing combat boots and being in Chennai, all that sweating can really give you bad body odour. Sandalwood alone has the most amazing and relaxing fragrance and this soap was just like rubbing pure sandal wood on the body. It left him stay fresh for almost 4-5 hours with smelling absolutely amazing with no body odour. the smell does fade away gradually, but 4-5 hours is a good number for my dad 😛
- All natural and parabens, sulfates, harmful chemicals free.
- Super Affordable and travel friendly.
- Cute packaging with pretty colors. Great gifting product
- Cleanses well and Lathers nicely and doesn’t melt easily.
Lack of availability. Available only through their facebook page.
Pratha Handmade soaps have really got me hooked to the whole “handmade soap game” and I’m definitely going to try some more from their brand since it’s budget friendly and doesn’t really get over too soon. If you are looking for handmade soaps, you can definitely give Pratha a try and I’m sure you will not be disappointed. You can visit their Facebook page to know about their products and prices.
Till then stay awesome 🙂